Saturday, February 10, 2024

MIND of Satan

 

JESUS tells the angel of the church in Pergamos:

Revelation 2:13

King James Version

13 I know thy works, 

and where thou dwellest, 

even where Satan's seat is: 

and thou holdest fast my name, 

and hast not denied my faith, 

even in those days wherein Antipas was 

my faithful martyr, 

who was slain among you, 

where Satan dwelleth.


From the previous post, we learned of the "mind of Christ".

How, in all humility, love, and perfect obedience, He served GOD.

Now, we look at the mind of Satan, CHRIST's enemy.

You will see a marked contrast:

Isaiah 14:12-14

King James Version

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, 

O Lucifer, son of the morning! 

how art thou cut down to the ground, 

which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, 

I will ascend into heaven, 

I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: 

I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, 

in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; 

I will be like the most High.


As a consequence:

Isaiah 14:15-18

King James Version

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, 

to the sides of the pit.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, 

and consider thee, saying, 

Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, 

that did shake kingdoms;

17 That made the world as a wilderness, 

and destroyed the cities thereof; 

that opened not the house of his prisoners?

18 All the kings of the nations, 

even all of them, lie in glory, 

every one in his own house.


JESUS witnessed Satan's fall from heaven:

Luke 10:18

King James Version

18 And he said unto them, 

I beheld Satan as lightning 

fall from heaven.


Beware greed, pride, envy, and vanity.

Such are of Satan.

There is one kind of mind CHRIST commands us to have.

Turn to the next post.


Related material:

JESUS and Satan

On Knowing the Enemy of Christ

The SUPERNATURAL battle


Image: Clipart Library


The INSANE mind

  JESUS declared : Mark 3:27 King James Version 27 No man can enter into a strong man's house,  and spoil his goods,  except he will fir...